Tortillas de Harina (Flour Tortillas)

Everyone loves a great flour tortilla and today I am going to show you how easy it is to make your own. I'm guessing that it costs less then a dollar to make a batch of theses and with economic times the way they are maybe this is one of many ways you can save your family some cash. Check back tomorrow I already have another great recipe ready to share with you.

Also a little update for all of you that don't hang with me on facebook, last month I took a job as a personal chef and that is part of the reason you have not seen as many videos from me. I have mixed emotions about taking the job. I have always been an advocate for stay at home moms and I still strongly believe this is very important to do. I worked the schedule out so that my children would never miss me. That is the main reason I felt okay about taking the job. At my job I cook all organic and gluten free food. I know very different from what you see me do here. I hope to share some videos in the future of that style cooking on another page of marriedtoamexican.com.


BTW I was married! After you watch the video you will understand.


See you in the kitchen,

Tina




4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup shortening (or lard if you dare)
1 tsp salt
1 cup warm water


Makes 12 10 inch tortillas