Pastel de Tres Leches con Calabaza (Pumpkin Tres Leches)

I hope you haven't thrown your leftover pumpkin away. If you have you can always use the stuff in the can. I didn't want my pumpkin to go to waste so after I finished the last video I removed the seeds and threw it in a pot of boiling water with a cinnamon stick and let in boil about 30 minutes, then I removed it from the skin and mashed it with a potato masher. This is the pumpkin I used in this cake. I hope that makes sense. I received several emails from viewer asking me if we eat the pumpkin and seeds in the Atole de Calabaza, yes we do. That is Mr. Mexicans favorite part!

Back to today's recipe. If you are a Tres Leches fan and you love pumpkin cake this is the recipe for you. My Mexican is sitting here devouring this cake as we speak. So this definitely has the Mexican seal of approval. Enjoy!

See you in the kitchen,

Tina




Batter
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups pumpkin
1 cup Mexican Crema
2 tsp Mexican vanilla

Whip Cream
2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup powdered
1tsp Mexican vanilla

Nut topping
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 tbsp brown sugar
sprinkle of cinnamon