ALBONDIGAS

This is a fun recipe. There are many ways to make these. In fact I have a few of my own ideas I will share in a later post. I really make ever effort to stay as close to authentic as possible with my posts. Sometimes that is really hard for me because I tend to be creative and want to mix things up a bit. This is how my mother in-law makes these. After quit a bit of research I have found that most people like to put a lot of stuff in theirs. These are pretty simple but, the Mexican loves them and it makes him long to see his mother so I know they are the real deal. I always welcome your comments. Since most of my viewers come from youtube they comment to me there. I need to be better and move their comments over to the blog for the bloggers to read. The youtubers always have great suggestions.

See you in the kitchen,

Tina




SAUCE
10-12 roma tomatoes
1/3 white onion
2 cloves garlic
salt

swish of oil
1/4 white onion
3-4 cups water

MEATBALLS
1lb ground beef 85%
1lb chorizo
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
5-6 tbsp fresh mint
salt
cracked pepper

2-3 chopped boiled eggs and
uncooked rice to stuff in center of meatballs

15-20 Green olives

GARNISH WITH
Lime wedges
Cilantro

Serve with white rice and frijoles