ROLES DE CANELA

Although these are not 100% traditional Mexican they have earned their place on the married to a Mexican site. These are Senor's favorite and if he loves them I know you will. ( He's really picky, but shhhhhh you didn't hear that from me.) I'm so excited for you to try these. If you're not a fan of nuts leave them out, if you like raisins add some before you roll the dough up. Either way you do it I know that you can't go wrong with these. I need to give a little shout out to Phil for teaching me how to make this wonderful dough. You can also use the dough to make some of the best rolls you'll ever have.

See you in the kitchen!

Tina







DOUGH
3 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
1 cup warm water

SEPARATE BOWL
1 cube butter
2 cups milk
1 cup water
1 heaping palm salt

8-10 cups flour


FILLING
1 cube butter (Half per roll.)
2 cups brown sugar (eyeball this to your liking per roll.)
1/4 cup cinnamon ("""""")

FROSTING
8oz cream cheese
2 cubes butter
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tsp vanilla
4-6 cups powdered sugar (This will depend if you like your frosting stiff or runny.)