Pollo con Chochoyotes

First let me start off with a little shout out to Mia! Mia I am having issues uploading the Tamales video I made last week. It was a little too long and I had to cut it into two separate uploads. It has ended up pretty much taking me out of my mind, but hang in there I will get it up soon! Alright back to the rest of you. This is another request I have received multiple times and I am finally getting it up. I know you will really love this recipe but I need to warn you it is a little more difficult to make then it looks. I hope you are up to the challenge, I know you can do it. The Chochoyotes can be a bit of a pain to work with so be patient. After you place them in the pot let them slowly cook for about 10-15 minutes until they float up to the top of the pot, this is how you will know they are ready.

BTW I gave up and put it in youtube! I hate putting my vids there but until I can figure out the problem I guess it's better then nothing.

See you in the kitchen,
Tina



Chicken Prep
1 whole cut up chicken
4 cloves garlic
1 white onion
salt
Pot full of water

Salsa Verde
10 tomatillos
6 serrano chiles
4 cloves
6 peppercorns
2 tbsp manteca (lard to fry sauce in)

Small handful of the following
parsely
mint
epazote

Chochoyotes
1 cup masa (maseca)
2 tbsp manteca
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder