Gorditas

Hey there friends! I have returned from spring break. Today we will be making Gorditas. One of my new found fabulous friends Jackie sent this recipe in and suggested I make it for you. Since this was something we already make I mixed Jackie and my recipe together for your tasting enjoyment. If any of you have a recipe you want to send in to me I would love to share it with everyone. Also If you have sent a request I have not forgotten you and you should see it soon. I received several emails from you guys over the break and I am working on emailing you back, if you haven't heard back from me you will soon, I promise. I hope life is treating all of you well.


See you in the kitchen,

Cheers!

Tina

This is cute Jackie and one of her twins.








GORDITAS

2lbs Top Sirloin Steak or Diezmillo (thin cut)
3 cups Maseca
1 1/2-2 cups water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2-3 cups Frijoles (checkout my recipe for these)


TOP WITH...
Lettuce
Quesso (oaxaca)
Tomato
Onion/ serrano chile (I like to saute these with a little oil in a pan together)
Crema
Cholula (hot sauce)

MARINADE
Juice of 3 limes
Couple swishes of canola
Salt
1 tsp Mexican oregano
2 cloves garlic
1/2 white onion rings
Handful of cilantro
1 tsp chile pequin powder